"And now for something a little bit different,"

as Kermit the Frog once said...

A few weeks ago, my fitness coach shared a facebook post for another trainer who had a special offer on. I had a look into it and decided to do the particular 6-week course that she was advertising. 

Why? Well, because I think I just need to do something a little bit different to get things underway again. I have been running my own programme and whilst I know that I can ramp up the running fitness for an event if I want to, the health side of things is a bit harder to know what to do.

I've been a bit busy lately, and feeling rather exhausted. I don't feel that I've been eating that well, or maybe that I have been having a few more extra bits added into a generally healthy menu than I probably should have. I've also been having some of those 'wonderful' things happen that many ladies in their late forties (horrible thought) naturally start to have. And I haven't figured out how to deal with those - this course is designed to help with that.

Of course, anytime you start on something that involves some self-discipline and organisation, life sets out to make it harder... 

The first week was good. That was the easing-into-it week. Then I was supposed to start on the more strict part of the course, taking things out of my diet for a three-day period and seeing what effect that has on my well-being. So of course, the very day I started that, a massive storm came through and we lost power. Takeaways. The power didn't come back on. More takeaways. Then we moved. Yet more takeaways. Then I left the husband to do the moving clean-up (sorry...) and went to a conference. Conference food. It is very hard to follow a particular regime of eating when you just don't have choices available!

But, I am on it now. All is good. Coffee with Stevia doesn't taste as nice, but as I am in the sugar-free stage, I have to say it is a lot better than nothing.  Not sure what the caffeine-free stage will look like, but really, when I get to that bit I think I will feel more sorry for other people than myself. 

I'm not planning to do this long-term, as it isn't meant to be done that way, but I think I will be able to see what things affect me in which ways, and make sustainable changes to my diet that will make me feel healthier. I imagine that there are other courses I could continue with but I think I won't, I want to do the learning and then be certain that I can manage myself. It's a personality thing, but I don't like to leave control to others if it's something I should be able to do for myself.

I think the main thing for me is that it is good to get another perspective on things, and to try something different. As the saying goes, if you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking opportunities

Starting Again

Moving the goalposts